Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Weekend Antique Hunt


My girlfriend and I made our first trip of the season to the Allegan Antique Market. We started out chatting so much we missed our exit and ended up in the next town south, but eventually made it there, a little later than planned and ready to uncover some treasures. I don't remember ever going when it wasn't blazing hot, and today was no exception, as it was sunny and near 90, but it was as crowded as I've ever seen it. Lots of things caught my eye, most of them way out of my meager price range, like this former drafting table. This would be the perfect cutting table for my sewing room, if I could just figure out a way to get it in the door!


I love looking at the eye catching displays. Wouldn't this make a great storage cabinet for those sewing notions or doll supplies? Maybe sitting on that sewing table?


We feasted on Italian sausage sandwiches, battered fried vegetables, and of course, elephant ears The heat didn't seem to affect our appetite. By three o'clock we were tired and hot, and called it a day, even though we didn't make it through the whole thing. One last booth before we ended up at the car and a cooler of cold Diet Cokes, ready for the hopefully shorter ride home.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Lisa, it sounds like you and your friend had a delightful day! I covet that lovely cabinet with all those wonderful little drawers; and the picture of the geraniums in gavlenized buckets is frame-worthy :-)

Beth

Lisa said...

Thanks Beth. I'm trying to improve my photography skills, such as they are.