Thursday, April 22, 2010

New reading material


I had a couple of new books waiting for me when I got home today. I've been interested in antique textiles ever since I started making reproduction dolls, and I have a nice little collection of fabrics, which come in useful for quilt restoration, too. I'm in my local Quilt History group, and really becoming more and more interested in fabric history, so I enrolled in Margo Krager's Cottonopia Textile History Program. At the end of each essay she has a list of recommended books. Most are OOP, but I have been able to track some down at a reasonable price. One that came today is Trade Goods, and is the study of India Chintz in the Smithsonian collection. I've been in a chintz and toile mood lately, and can't wait to read this. The other book is the highly coveted (by me) book, Old Quilts by William Rush Dunton. This is the Holy Grail of quilt books for me, and I can't wait to dive in. First for that Susan Fosnot workshop this weekend though. I'll have pictures when I get back.

No comments: